Studio-Warming Shoemaking Party at The Create Place: Saturday 9th June
We've moved into our gorgeous new studio space, and we're celebrating with our first shoemaking workshop in our new home. Join us to see our beautiful new space, design and make your own leather espadrilles, and enjoy tea, snacks and local lunch with the Juta team.
* indicates a required field
What you'll do
- Choose from our stock of leather reclaimed from local factory offcuts and vegan upcycled materials
- Choose your style and cut out your pattern (choose from our full shoe, slide, or sandal styles)
- Learn to shape and pin the shoe to the sole
- Handstitch the leather to the sole with waxed linen thread
- Enjoy local lunch, snacks and drinks from The Gallery Cafe
Our experienced makers offer expert instruction and support, and everyone walks out in their own pair of shoes. All materials are provided and no experience necessary. All our leather is reclaimed from local factory offcuts and our vegan materials are upcycled, and we have a wide range of colours, textures, and patterns. We use premium jute soles sourced from southern Spain, which are thicker, more robust, and comfier than any other espadrille sole we've seen, so you'll be sure to love wearing your shoes.
Where we'll be:
At our new studio in The Create Place, at 29 Old Ford Road in Bethnal Green E2 9PJ. The Create Place is part of St Margaret's House, a unique charity supporting community, good works, creativity & wellbeing in Bethnal Green.
What people say:
"I felt so welcome and loved learning the process, and thrilled that I walked out with a pair of shoes I love."
"I LOVED the workshop! I had such a great time. What a great group of ladies! Hafiza was super sweet and kind, patient, and a great instructor."
Looking for our other workshops? Find them here.
Want to give a workshop as a gift? We have vouchers!